Who are we?
4ARMED provides professional services to help businesses build, deploy and manage more secure, resilient and compliant applications in cloud environments. Additionally, we provide training services to individuals looking to improve their security testing capabilities.
Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted directly at:
- +44 203 475 2443
We collect personal data from you for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide you with information you have requested.
- To create and fulfil a contract for services that you, or the business you represent, have purchased from us.
- To keep you up to date about services that you have explicitly asked for updates on by subscribing to a mailing list.
- To ensure the security of our websites and infrastructure.
We may also collect non-personal data, referred to as “technical information” about data subjects whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilised and other similar information. This information is used to improve the way our Site performs.
|Function||Data collected||Source||Purpose||Lawful basis||Shared?||Retention period|
|Provide information||Name, company name, address, email address||Website contact form, email, telephone||To respond to your enquiries about our services.||Contract performance||Internal only||Maximum 8 years|
|Contract fulfilment||Name, company name, address, email address||Email, telephone||To create and fulfil a contract for delivery of our services to you.||Contract performance||Internal and appointed subcontractors if applicable||Maximum 8 years|
|Service updates||Name, email address||Mailing list subscription||To provide updates on services for which you have explicitly requested this.||Legitimate interest||Internal only||Until consent withdrawn or legal limits apply|
|Security||Technical information (see above)||Application logs, third-party analytics tools||To ensure the safe running of our systems.||Legitimate interest||Internal only||Maximum 8 years|
Personal Data Storage
4ARMED is a company whose primary offices are in the UK.
- Our Site is hosted in Amazon Web Services in their EU Ireland and London regions. Some connections may be routed through other geographic regions due to the use of CloudFront for content distribution.
- We utilise a number of public cloud service providers in the delivery of our services. These are all located within either the US, the EU or Switzerland. Where non-EU, all participate in the EU - US Privacy Shield Framework.
|_hssc||HubSpot CRM||Tracking and Analytics relating to our Customer Relationship Management system.|
|_hssrc||HubSpot CRM||Tracking and Analytics relating to our Customer Relationship Management system.|
|_hstc||HubSpot CRM||Tracking and Analytics relating to our Customer Relationship Management system.|
|hubspotuk||HubSpot CRM||Tracking and Analytics relating to our Customer Relationship Management system.|
|_hs_opt_out||HubSpot CRM||Indicates cookie consent.|
|_ga||Google Analytics||Tracking and Analytics. Used to distinguish users.|
|_gid||Google Analytics||Tracking and Analytics. Used to distinguish users.|
|driftt_*||Drift||Website chat functionality.|
As you might imagine, we take our own data security very seriously. We believe we have effective controls in place to limit data storage and protect it where it is stored. Our information security management system is certified to ISO27001. More on our security can be found at https://www.4armed.com/security/.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. Such requests may be refused under exceptional circumstances. If responding to requests may incur unreasonable expense, you may have to meet this in order for us to fulfil the request.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that 4ARMED refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined below.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by 4ARMED (or third parties as described above), or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and 4ARMED’s Data Protection Officer.
The supervisory authority for the UK, where 4ARMED are based, is the Information Commissioner’s Office.
This document was last updated on January 11, 2023.